Refalo Advocates is looking to employ a Client Onboarding and Compliance Executive preferably with experience in a legal firm or Corporate Service Provider. The Client Onboarding and Compliance Executive would be part of the Compliance Team and be responsible for day-to-day client onboarding, compliance procedures, compliance and corporate matters.
- Identify and implement best practices to ensure full compliance with regulatory requirements and proper onboarding;
- Assume responsibility for the development and effective implementation of policies, procedures, systems, and controls related to the Compliance function working together with our Compliance Officer where applicable;
- Manage the commercial and regulatory risks relating to compliance and onboarding, and ensure that all staff are aware of their obligations within their area of responsibility;
- Handle the Firm’s daily onboarding and compliance tasks and operations;
- Communicate with Lawyers and Clients and assist them with queries;
- Conduct staff training on matters of onboarding, compliance and AMLCFT;
- Maintain positive business and customer relationships during onboarding and ongoing procedures;
- Prepare and present to Management any relevant reports and annual submissions;
- Maintain records, internal databases and related documentation;
- Fluency in English and Maltese
- 2-3 years’ experience in a compliance-related role preferably within a Legal Firm / CSP
- A tertiary level of education would be ideal.